Sunday, May 20, 2018

One Coyote, Two Coyote, Three Coyote, Four!

One Coyote, Two Coyote, Three Coyote, Four!
By Allen Merritt ©2018

I have been really busy lately preparing for a stage production and handling my daily activities and scheduling work opportunities. My days are a little off track from what I am used to as far as when I go to bed and when I rise. But it’s all good.

You see, I have decided to challenge myself by doing things I have not done in a long time. I think that is healthy. More importantly, I see these challenges as an opportunity to rekindle some of my creative spirit. Evidently, this is true as a result of an experience I encountered this week. Moreover, I am celebrating every moment, because these bits of time are passing by and before I know it this project will be over and I will need to figure out what to do with myself again.

I am trying to open myself up more and allow any/all positive forces to flourish within me, as well as emanate from me. By doing so I feel I am experiencing the best of the best and returning the same back into the fold, so to speak.

Since time passes by so quickly and I am hearing more and more people make the case for life being short, it makes sense to be happy, joyous and make the most of what I am given to maintain living life on a positive note. Knowing this makes me feel good!

Now, stay with me here, I have a little story to share.

After a long night of rehearsing in the great outdoor theater space under the stars with crickets, donkeys and rabbits galore, I headed home traveling a dark highway. Along the way I spotted a lone coyote crossing the road and slowed down to make sure it got all the way across the road. Just a few miles later I spotted two more coyotes hanging out together. They were just getting across the road as well. Again I slowed down.

What are the chances of spotting three coyotes in one night? Wow! 

As I thought on it, the character I am portraying has a secret identity as a werewolf and I thought there must be some symbolism in crossing paths with these coyotes. Maybe they represent my characters spirit animal. Better yet, maybe they are learning me a lesson! What might it mean, I wondered?

I discovered coyotes represent the magic of all life and creation.¹ Furthermore, coyotes are adaptable, playful, jokesters, paradoxical in nature and are very resourceful and possess a keen sense of awareness toward finding ways to get things done.

Coyotes embody the idea of finding ones way when lost and open up doors aiming straight toward positive change.

Isn’t that similar to life in general? Nothing seems to be straightforward anymore. To take care of business these days, a person has to take advantage of all available resources and must look for new ways to adjust and adapt or create in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle. This demonstrates to me the awesomeness of positivity in motion and how powerful it can be when utilized to its fullest potential. More importantly, the symbolism behind coming across three coyotes suggests not taking everything in life so seriously, to chill out, lighten up and pursue new perspectives toward enlightenment. Accordingly, they can also characterize weakness and deception. The choice is ours. Which will it be?

In a nutshell, coyote symbolism teaches us to reach for the positive in the following ways.

Maintain a sense of humor
Learn to laugh
Be resourceful and adaptable
Enjoy unexpected surprises
Be flexible
Never fear the path less traveled
Be quick and smart on your feet
Practice your bliss
Focus on personal self-transformation
Look within yourself
Be true to yourself
Don’t wear a mask
Open up to connecting to the whole

Interesting!

All of these ideas represent positivity. The key is finding balance with what we deal with on a daily basis, which includes negativity. Now, I consider myself a compromised Virgo. While perfectionism is in my genes, I have had to learn to let that go a bit and not struggle with it. I always need reminders to be simplified, have fun, and bring on my silly and the like. These coyotes reminded me of these things. They also clarify the need to not fear my own vulnerabilities.²

In short, I guess my coyote experience gives light toward being open to more possibilities and giving myself permission to live a little, walk openly and relax into each moment more comfortably. Coyotes appear to mirror our humanity.

It’s kind of incredible, right?

Positive energy and lessons served up by crossing paths with three coyotes. 

Will there be another? 

We’ll see!

Hope this helps you find more positive energy this week.


Cheers!

https://www.californiapsychics.com/blog/angels-guides/meaning-coyote-sighting.html (Viewed on 5/14/2018)²

No comments:

Post a Comment