Wednesday, May 16, 2018

At the End Await Two Rainbows!

At the End Await Two Rainbows!
By Allen Merritt ©2018

I was off and running yesterday.

Up at 5:00 a.m., I hit the road, rubber to the pavement, rolling down that endless black ribbon called the freeway. 

Yay! Right?

I headed out to make an early morning appointment and wanted to avoid traffic as much as possible. I felt good about going (I had thought about cancelling or at least being open to the idea that it was okay not to make the journey) and believed I would accomplish something by doing so even if it was for only stopping at the post office and bank along the way. 

As it turns out, I am glad I didn’t talk myself out of it.

A deciding factor was based on whether a check had cleared the bank and the bill payments were posted on time as to whether or not I would be able to go or if I would take public transportation or end up driving. I knew it was cutting it close. It was down to the wire, but I chose not to worry about it.

You know how it is. You toss back and forth the options on what are the best ways to handle the challenge. Ultimately, as I was prepared to do whatever the universe would allow everything fell into place to make the drive. So I did! Hip Hip Hooray!

Anyway, I got to the address, parked and popped inside the building for my meeting. Nothing unusual was taking place outside. However, as soon as I finished my meeting and headed back outside it was raining. It was raining a lot! It was as if it came out of nowhere.

It rained on my way out and continued as I traveled all the way back home.

Now, this is a simple little story about my day. I was making effort to complete my tasks. I made my positive affirmations along the way to maintain equilibrium, especially when crazy drivers make silly decisions on the road. As it turned out, everything was simple and sweet on this particular journey, which demonstrates that when you feel confident, positive, upbeat, are determined, persistence and freely go with the flow and trust in the universe and powers that be to appropriately provide, then the day is good. In fact, it’s all good.

I couldn’t help but think how important it is to share this. Not every day is smooth. Not every journey is without an obstacle or two, but it is how we respond and our willingness to continue with an open mind, heart and spirit that plays a role in positive living.

Of course, it takes initiative. We have to remind ourselves to take that positive stance. And, we have to look for those motivating signs along the way. We have to focus on the good and stand strong.

For me, as I look back on it, I realized how smoothly everything transpired without my doing anything. The checks cleared, the bill pays were posted, and everything was in place to rent the car. I made the trip, completed the appointment, ran my errands and headed back home. After all my considerations and preparedness to take whichever path I needed to take depending on what would happen, the best option came available just in time without my doing anything but being open to possibilities. 

This is positivity in motion!

In the end, I understood how difficult it would have been (not to mention inconvenient) for me to have taken public transportation due to the rain. I might have been one soaked puppy and one irritable human being taking twice as much time to get around and accomplish the same tasks. Knowing this makes me extremely grateful for how it all worked out.

Happily, being open to the possibilities and maintaining a positive mindset made for a better day. Not only that, as I reached the outskirts of home I spotted a beautiful rainbow. It was one I could see from end to end. I took time to stop and snap a picture of it. Not fifteen minutes later I spotted a second rainbow. Wow! I was smiling inside to see two in one day. Rainbows are a great sign of hope and promise. This was the way to chase rainbows. All I needed was to find that pot of gold…and a Leprechaun!

My thoughts are to maintain a positive mindset as much as possible, enjoy the moment, look for gem-like opportunities to smile and make a memory happen. Be open and allow that which is meant to be simply happen. Just go with it!

I hope my story will inspire you to make the most of every little tidbit.

Have a great week living live more positively!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment