Wednesday, January 6, 2016

No Excuses!

No Excuses!
©Allen Merritt (2015)

The thought ran through my mind today. That’s right, it reared its ugly head and reminded me that there are not and should never be any excuses not to get up, get out and get her done. I mean, after all, what is really holding anyone back from trying? 

Our circumstances and situations are not literally nailed down in such a way that we should feel imprisoned by them. Of course, we may have to work around certain limitations, but we shouldn’t feel stuck in a rut or at utter and complete loss at doing anything toward helping our happiness grow. If that is the case, than we are allowing conditions to control and steer our lives in such a way as to undermine who we are called to be individually.

Sometimes I think it doesn’t matter anymore. I am of a certain age and I have nothing to lose for trying…anything. In other words, life is short and I might as well give it a go.

So as one year ends and another one begins, I have no reason or excuse to not make a stronger effort to try harder to believe and achieve my goals. Many people make resolutions. It’s a typical conversation. We have big ideas toward accomplishing something good for ourselves and shortly after the holidays we fall off that wagon and continue on with the same old routine or lack thereof.

For me, I don’t want to focus on resolutions per se, not this year. I want to focus on those things that keep my spirits in a good place. I want to be happy. I want to share that happiness.

I need to focus on remaining positive despite it all; and, what better way to think about moving forward toward taking the next step than by making a statement to oneself such as, “No More Excuses!” I think it’s an extremely positive phrase to work with. Those words remind us to keep on trucking. It inspires us to reach beyond ourselves. They motivate, drive and encourage us to forever try.

If you look up No Excuses on-line via the Urban Dictionary, you will find that it supports this idea of optimism and positivity in life. In fact, here is what it says:

No Excuses - Getting on with your life...not letting things get in your way...being positive and optimistic...not looking for a reason to avoid something...not wasting an opportunity...
‘There's 'no excuses' for not making the most of your life’.”¹

Well, there you have it!

Need I say more?

I guess I was thinking straight, on the right track and/or got it right…or, at least got the jist of it all.

So here I am, thinking about what to do with myself as we turn another corner and I am thinking about the initiative of making no more excuses. I want to use the idea of No Excuses to attack anything and everything I have a mind to do whether it is eliminating a debt, achieving a goal, being more creative, accomplishing something or…whatever. I want to be good to myself and others. More importantly, I want to spread that good news with everyone. I want to do and be the best I can possibly be. I want results, not excuses.

So here it is!
No Excuses, people! 
  • Think optimistically.
  • Behave positively.
  • Work towards healthy goals for the sake of yourself and those around you.
  • Consider the good and live it.
  • Illuminate good vibes and energy. (We could all use it.)
  • Spread happiness.
  • Be calm and caring.
  • Be considerate.

Focus on making headway instead of excuses. One step a day moves everyone forward.

By the way, if you are typically a negative thinker and are looking for ways to change that, this is a good place to start. What does that mean? It means, stop using negativity, skepticism and the like to control your life and prevent you from finding a way to accomplish and achieve.

Keep repeating to yourself, “No Excuses.” Use it as a mantra until it becomes a normal way of thinking.
By doing so, believing and achieving become a standard operating procedure.

I think this is my goal for 2016. In fact, I am writing a posty-note and putting up near my computer to remind me of this fact. Care to join me?

Repeat after me:
No Excuses. No More Excuses.

Say this 40 times a day for the next 40 days and see what happens. You just might find that you can believe and achieve…anything!

Have a good one!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment