Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Turning on a Dime!

Turning on a Dime!
By Allen Merritt ©2018

Today I find myself reflecting on how things change, not just the idea of change in and of itself, but how things can change suddenly or in an instant. As I continue to look for the good in each day I specifically began pondering how to turn things around. I want to make every endeavor about discovering positive elements.

A few weeks ago I planned a trip into the city to work on a project with my coach and after I arrived I received a notification they would need to cancel the appointment as their flight was delayed and causing a backlash of events. (Funny thing was later I found out my coach was in the city I actually reside!)

Again, best laid plans didn’t work out. It reminds me of a lyric I keep hearing in a song that goes something like, “We make our plans and we hear God laughing.” I appreciate the humor! Finding humor in our wasted efforts is a good way to activate positivity in the moment.

Anyway, I made the most of my time. I decided to head toward the beach. I guess it was meant to be, because as I pulled into the parking lot I spotted a man searching for someone to pay it forward to. I pulled up thinking they were about to pull out of their spot (which he was) and he approached my window and asked if I wanted the remaining time left on his parking pass. I thanked him and took advantage of the offer. How’s that for positivity showing it’s face!

I parked and headed out across the fine white sand and enjoyed the view, the smells, watched sailboats teetering on by. It was a lovely little treat, as it turns out. I ended up splashing around, ducking waves and playing in the water for a while. I felt like a child at heart. It was a blast! And this was the result of life turning on a dime.

Now, fast forward to the last week when I was all set with plans for work and activities. My manager calls and tells me I have a interview for a costar role in a sitcom. I immediately cancelled two work gigs I had already been slated to show up for and made my way to the audition instead. I left feeling elated and seeing the value in the change. Life turn on a dime and I gained a sense of satisfaction and a perfect opportunity to be seen and heard for a great job. Whether I got it or not didn’t matter, because I was getting a chance to be seen for something really cool. I mean, not everybody gets such an opportunity. And they may remember me in the future; another positive result from going with the flow.

A few days later, this happened again for an even greater role in a major established cable series. I changed everything around and headed out to make the appointment. It all felt really good. Who knows what will become of any of it, but the experience in and of itself was worth taking the risks and moving things around for.

Life is interesting. We have to take advantage of finding the wonder in it as it is happening even when it changes and turns us around like these experiences I’m sharing indicate. 

When we do, positivity envelops us. All we have to do in return is embrace it back. I think this allows us to keep our hopes and dreams alive simultaneously. Good things are happening. I want to allow them to happen and shout out to the world how ready I am for them to take place even if it means changing my plans because things happen the way they do.

If I have to turn on a dime, I want to be happy about it. I want to discover less reasons to whine and complain or feel perturbed. Don’t we all?

Let’s get ready and be prepared to allow those good things to come into our lives and trust they are happening at the right moment and for the right reasons whether we have to turn on a dime or not.

Have a great week taking on those challenges and living life on a positive note.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment