Friday, September 14, 2018

Let’s Get “Egg-ey” With it!

Let’s Get “Egg-ey” With it!
By Allen Merritt ©2018

My day started off with a bang, quite literally!

You see, I placed a peeled hardboiled egg into the microwave, turned it on and walked away. Next thing I hear is a “Pop” sound. I immediately yanked the microwave door open to witness what use to be an egg. It was an egg gone haywire, an egg gone wrong! It imploded itself all over the interior of the microwave.

What did I do?

I laughed.

After all, laughter is good medicine, isn’t it?

I giggled and chuckled for a few minutes while I cleaned up the mess. I thought, “Well, this isn’t all that bad. I think I discovered a new way to make scrambled eggs.” The next thing I thought of was how my mother used to say, “It ain’t no fun unless it’s messy.”

Later, I pondered my egg wrangling adventure and realized it was such a positive experience to not react or respond negatively.

Look, I could have gotten perturbed, upset, angry and even beat myself up a bit for being so careless. I could have whined and complained while shaking my head back and forth during the clean up process. “I don’t have time for this!”

Ultimately, I found the humor in the incident and found it refreshing. As I think on it, I always wanted to participate in a food fight!

I guess I was having a slightly off day, because a little while later I was making myself a banana peanut butter smoothie and I took the straw I had ready to suck up my smoothie with and literally placed in the jar of peanut butter. I don’t know why. I guess my aim was bad. But no worries, I laughed it up again.

I chalked it all up to me being silly and the universe poking around and having a little fun with me. The humor just kept on coming!

Further into the day I was writing up a couple of complaint letters in reference to some poorly handled business transactions at a local business I visited. I decided I wanted to convey my concern for the lack of quality services.

Anyway, I received a return email stating the information was received and would be forwarded to the appropriate party. At the bottom of the email was listed the name of the person sending the response. It was signed “Carma.” I spotted that and again the laughter began. What are the odds of that happening? Carma (sounds like Karma) was going to go back and handle the situation and seek out a positive resolution.

In due course, my response is how I choose it to be. The more I think positively, the better chance my natural reaction will be just that…positive. This is true across the board.

Just before sitting down to write up this story of events, which could have been not so nice experiences, I came across a social media post I liked, which makes sense in light of how we have choices in the way we think, act and behave.

"Optimism is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Giving back is a choice. Forgiveness is a choice. Being honest is a choice. Spoken words are choice. Teaching others is a choice. Showing gratitude is a choice. Respecting others is a choice."

Make a choice to seek out the positive in everything and reflect it back.

Find the silly in the fumbles and enjoy them. No one ever becomes successful by never making a mistake no matter how small or large it is. So we might as well make the most of it and find a reason to laugh here and there along the way.

With that in mind, go out there and make the best of your day!


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment