Monday, June 11, 2018

What Now?

What Now?
By Allen Merritt ©2018

Well, I am way behind on my writing lately. I overdid it this past week and had too much on my plate and by the week’s end I found myself exhausted and sore. But all in all it was a good week. Felt like I was able to accomplish everything set before me despite it all.

In a nutshell, I spend every bit of time I could yesterday in a horizontal position. Felt the need to crash and take care of me, which is a positive thing! I continue to do this today. 

We need to listen to our bodies sometimes and take a moment to recuperate before jumping into something new.

So let me share some of what took place to give clarity to the situation.

I commuted to Los Angeles twice for a total of three days of work, classes and audition. Then I had to get back home to finish out the final week of the musical I have been performing. Then the weekend came up with a memorial service and hauling around a lot of equipment and Sunday I worked my regular AV job and felt like I was falling asleep.

I am sure anyone reading this has been through this type of hectic schedule. Bottom line is to get some rest and heal yourself.

I had another experience this week I felt was extremely positive. I stopped in at a copy store to make a print for myself and ended up communicating with a man who was deaf. This doesn’t happen every day. I rather enjoyed learning something about myself and the other person in how to communicate effectively under these circumstances. It was easy. All I had to do was write down my questions and requests and the gentleman responded in kind. It was probably one of the best customer service experiences I have had. I walked out feeling as if I accomplished something.

Positivity abounds everywhere. We simply have to pay attention and embrace it as it happens.

I guess that is all I need to say today.

Short and sweet.

Now what?

Back to resting.

Have a great week living life on a positive note.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment