Sunday, March 18, 2018

Birds of a Feather!

Birds of a Feather!
By Allen Merritt ©2018

Sunday found me wondering around the tiny campus where I work part time. It was a beautiful sunny morning and I was on a break between events soaking up some rays. I looked westward after hearing some honking in the sky. It was a distinctive sound. There before my eyes were 5 or 6 geese flying north. Isn’t that exciting? Spring must be on it's way!

 I thought to myself, “It must be a sign.”

This made me smile at the notion of how this could be an indication that spring was around the corner, which is always a good thing to me. I mean, if the geese fly south for the winter, then surely those same geese flying north must be their return trip signifying the end of winter. Who doesn’t love that!

In that one little moment a sense of hope returning was prevalent. These geese, after all, were heading toward their future, weren’t they?

These moments come and go throughout the year. Once the holidays hit and we turn the corner from one year to another, people generally start making new plans, self-assess and dream of their futures as they gear up for good outcomes. Spring is similar in that it instills in us a sense of a new beginning from one season to another. Just like those geese, we head toward warmer climates.

I believe most people need these moments as a prompt that this instant is only for right now and/or this too shall pass because it’s only temporary. If we stick together and push forward we can see ourselves getting there, wherever “there” might be.

I think it simply feels good to be in a positive state or feel like we are about to turn a new corner and start a new chapter. Everyone needs something in their lives to look forward to.

It’s amazing how a flock of geese inspire me to look forward and move onward with a sense of peace, hope and positivity. These geese are instinctively and actively participating in their own progressive movement toward their destiny. Every year they make the trip back and forth like snowbirds looking for the comfort and warmth to permeate their lives. For them, I guess it’s all about heading toward spring wherever it leads.

I am a warm weather person, so I appreciate any indication of seasonal transition. But what I get most of all out of this picture perfect moment is the hint of how change is in the air. I have to make the most of it. I have to participate in some way.  

Will you do the same? Will you join me in making positive change, if not for others then for yourself? Can we gather together (at least in spirit) with like-minded goals to be better to ourselves and each other no matter what the season?

Let’s do it!

Let’s move toward our best days ever and do it on a positive note.

You know what they say, “Birds of a feather flock together.” If you do not believe me, picture those geese flying north after spending their winter down south. Spring has spring, folks! 

Have a great week!


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment