Friday, December 22, 2017

Standing Up to the Wind!

Standing Up to the Wind!
By Allen Merritt ©2017

Today gusts of wind are blowing upwards of 50 mph’s.

It seems like a sad day, although I am trying to pretend it is not.

Everything is flying around including dust, dirt, rocks, trash and anything left loose out in the open. It reminds me of the incredible amount of chaos taking hold of our country. It seems apropos and representative of how our worlds get thrown about and things seem all topsy turvy. There is a definitive feeling in the air things are not good and a great percentage of people are being placed in a position to suffer by the decisions being made up on the hill.

While it has yet to be seen how far these tactics will go or how destructive they will become there is no doubt people are sensitive to the hurt going on. Some are embittered, enraged, outraged and everything in between. Still there are others making effort to shine a positive light and discover new ways and outlooks on how to approach these issues in appropriate ways.

As I think on this, one thing I also noticed while traveling through this blustering windstorm is how the planes are still taking off and landing. Somehow the job still needs to get done and people must be somewhere soon in the safest way possible. The flight crew takes great effort to insure all will be well.

I think in light of the political climate impacting so many Americans we must remember we are human and we still need to find ways to live as peaceably as possible. Someway we must rise above the nonsense being shoved at us and focus on the betterment of the whole. Yes, I wish D.C. was actually thinking along the same lines, but I cannot make others be what they aren’t able to be and I certainly cannot insure they will do the best to represent our group of people.

However, what I can do is be reminded of my role in stabilizing my spirit toward that which is good for everyone. I can focus on “actually” making the place we live great again and not just throw words around. I can hone in on how to best represent myself and others. While the office of the president exists now in name only and whereby autocratic is replacing democratic I remain positive on certain issues related to making things better, improving health and well being through caring and sharing, nurturing and growing. I figure if history is going to repeat itself and many will lose, than we should work hard to be strong in the process.

The sadness is simply not worth it. Life is too short and these days are helping me look toward what it is I truly value. I am certain others feel the same.

This year we saw several devastating hurricanes rape and pillage communities. Winds kicked up fires across California among other geological disasters. Through all of these natural catastrophes humanity stood up and is flourishing one step at a time despite what is going on in that place called Washington.

So as the winds continue to blow and toss us around both literally and figuratively, may we all find reasons to be happy; discover opportunities to smile, laugh and encourage ourselves and our neighbors; and, turn off the noise until the wind settles down and the sun shines again. We may be shoved around and fall down a time or two, but we can also get right back up again. I think there is some sense of comfort in knowing that.

I’d like to take a moment to wish everyone good will and peace throughout the storm (s).

Here’s to living life on a positive note!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment