Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Grace-FULL!

Grace-FULL!
© By Allen Merritt (2017)

I picked up a book* at the Seattle airport speaking about grace being greater in our lives. I was immediately drawn to the colorful blue cover. I am not finished with it yet, but I have truly enjoyed reading it. It touches a chord with me and sparks even more interest in the idea of filling my life with more of it (grace) on a daily basis. In fact, I often find myself including grace in my prayers and meditations proving how I find it a valuable asset. I am forever grateful for grace as it appears and shows up in my daily routine. Consequently, I choose to recognize it as a powerful and positive force worth pursuing.

In this simple little paperback I am offered many reminders on what grace is, as well as what it does. For me, grace offers us a chance to live more peaceably, because it grounds us in understanding important values and components of why we are here, what we are able to do and what we have to offer. It does so in such a way that I actually see it in action; by recognizing the living value in myself and others.

I believe in creating positive environments. The only way to do this is to be conscious and attentive to the every day and to our humanness. This includes our strengths, as well as our weaknesses. Grace allows me to do that.

My mother use to poke fun at my clumsiness as a child. If I tripped or took a misstep she would refer to me as “Grace” by saying something like, “Way to go, grace!” But what is grace really?

Grace by definition refers to the idea of refinement and favor. Grace is our ability to make things look easy even when they are hard, but it also is something bestowed upon us by the powers that be. Some may think of this as divine intervention and/or sanctification. I believe this is true, because every day things happen beyond my control, beyond imagination which verifies something greater happening in my life that moves me forward step by step.

I suppose one can discuss this topic at length and still there would be more to consider. But overall, I think one important element of grace has to be with how it gives us the ability to embrace our humanness and accept it in others. Through grace we are able to release guilt, find forgiveness, let go of fears, regrets, resentments, depressions, possibilities of vengeance and other  negative whatnots too numerous to mention. It aides us in understanding how life is not all about ‘self’ and yet simultaneously allows us to look to and at our ‘self’ and find it; be motivated by it. I think grace helps us discover more of who and whose we are. It acts as a mirror, as well as a window to see such grace in others. Thusly, it takes the sting out of chaos.

Why is this important?

Because recognizing grace in motion opens us up to more possibilities in each moment.

Some examples of grace in motion might include, “There but by the grace of God go I” and “Keeping in good graces.” Both statements resemble one another in that they suggest keeping things on a good note. To me, that is as positive as it can get. Grace serves to promote our health and well being.

Grace allows us to live life on a positive note by filling us with more possibilities, more hope and more love for ourselves with plenty more to offer everyone else we come into contact with.

I hope this week will find all of us seeking out more grace and making it a greater part of who we are. More importantly, I trust we will find those moments where we recognize grace in motion and it puts a smile on our face and in our heart.

Will you prepare to be filled with such grace?

Will you be grace-FULL?

Here’s to another week of living life on a positive note!

Have a Good day!


Cheers!

*Inspired by Grace is Greater by Kyle Idelman

No comments:

Post a Comment