Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Oh, Happy Day...Again!

Oh, Happy Day...Again!
©Allen Merritt (2016)

I woke up this morning and the first thoughts I had were, "Happy Sunday!" Needless-to-say, that made me smile on the inside. What a great way to start the day, with a beautiful affirmation of life!

It seems to make sense to me to start each day on a high note wherever and whenever possible. Our constitution is based on a portion of this idea...that is, the pursuit of happiness. I love the manifestation of this idea. I read books on it. I watch movies conveying it. More importantly, I believe in it. So waking up, eyes still closed and having that first thought be one supportive of pursuing a happiness in my day is a wonderful example of positivity in motion. 

Now the trick for all of us is to carry this imagery, this feeling, thought and express it throughout the whole of each day from moment to moment. It takes conscious effort, but not always. Sometimes being happy just simply is what it is. At other times it takes a little effort to embrace it despite the pandemonium. In any case, as I write this I am optimistic that initiating good thoughts from the very beginning (of anything) is a wonderful and powerful exercise to help activate the day/activity on a positive note. 

Now I realize there isn’t a guarantee that the first thing we’re always going to think about when we wake up in the morning is always going to be, “Oh, Happy Day!” , but it certainly worth a try. Isn’t it?

How can we begin our day in more than an ordinary fashion? Well, maybe placing a picture frame with a favorite quote or statement on your bed stand is a good place to start. Or, a related book with a great title that jumps out at you and inspires you as soon as you see it sitting there next to you. How about a sign above the toilet that says, “Good morning, Sunshine!”? Wouldn’t that be motivational to some degree?

Moreover, our first thought can be seasoned with all sorts of fun affirmational type words. Every day of the week can start off with something new and fun. It doesn’t have to always be mundane or the same. 

For example:
  • Happy Sunday!
  • Fantastic Monday!
  • Wonderful Tuesday!
  • Inspirational Wednesday!
  • Super Thursday!
  • Incredible Friday!
  • Fabulous Saturday!

I want to think of it this way (and maybe you can too!); purposefully initiating positivity is a mindset that sets us up for success, at least in a certain capacity. And, that has to be a good thing. Otherwise, where is our focus? It’s one thing to get up and immediately be inundated with (caught up in) what has to get done that day and it’s another to start on a personal affirming high note and then navigate accordingly. Personally, I want every opportunity to approach the day for all the right reasons and with real purpose.

I guess, for me, anything that brings a little smile, laughter; sense of peace and calm is worth exploring and diving into on a regular basis. So that is the challenge this week, to seek out, embrace and/or accept anything which will help bring life back to center, keep us balanced and in a good place. I think many people need this. I want to remind every person to surround themselves with those persons, places and things that generate more positive energy and move us forward in our thinking and accomplishments.

Don’t just have a Happy Sunday or a Super Thursday. Make a point of making it a tremendous week, a magnificent month and a glorious year! Need I say more?

Go out there and enjoy yourself!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment