Wednesday, August 1, 2018

If It’s Meant to Be, It’ll Be, so Just Let it Be!

If It’s Meant to Be, It’ll Be, so Just Let it Be!
By Allen Merritt ©2018

I’ve been hearing this song on the radio for a little while now and my ear is always drawn to it. It’s an uplifting song. The chorus begins with, “If, it’s meant to be, it’ll be, so baby just let it be…”

I feel it a positive message applicable to every aspect of our lives.

Letting things go and allowing things to simply be isn’t a new message, but there is always a discussion on what it takes to get there and what are the means to do so.

Sometimes I purposefully go with the flow just to see what will happen. For example, On Monday I made a trip in Los Angeles to run errands, attend a class and do whatever. I had four names on my list I could call and see if they were available to hang out. I decided not to call anyone until all my errands were done. I made the first call and got a voice mail. I made the second call and they picked up, but they were out and about with someone else. The third call also went to voice mail and the fourth call I made asked if they could call me back in an hour, which never happened.

For me, it was kind of nice to put it out there and see if anything would come about. I was perfectly okay with whatever would happen. If it’s meant to be, it’ll be, so just let it be, so I headed toward the beach thinking I would enjoy that. A few hours later the first call I made returned and was free to visit for a little bit. As it turned out I was only a couple miles away, so it worked out really well. That’s the way it works out sometimes if we are open to the universal possibilities.

My spirit was happy and positively enlightened to make at least one connection on my visit.

Positive outcomes are enriched by our ability to accept, embrace and allow ourselves the chance to enter into the possibilities as they arise. Not everything we do in life needs to be planned out or scheduled to the enth degree. Spontaneity brings happy little surprises creating long lasting memories.

I looked up “meant to be” on line using Wikitionary and the result was, “destined to exist.” Wow. That has a lot of spirit and connotation wrapped up in it if you think about it. No amount of negativity can shut that concept down, because it refers to the idea of it’s supposed to happen. In other words, that which is meant to happen cannot be deterred from happening, no matter what. How positive a thought is that! It’s pretty cool, if you ask me.

Ultimately, we should remain open to all possibilities, allow ourselves to be more spontaneous in following them. Be still and know everything is okay because if it is supposed to be, it will be.

It’s something to think about.

Plus, it easily rolls off your tongue. If it’s meant to be, it’ll be, so just let it be. And when you do, you are more peaceful and content and appreciative for all that is.

Enjoy your week going with the flow and living life on a positive note.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment