Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Kicking it!

Kicking it!
By Allen Merritt (©2017)

Occasionally, life kicks you in the stomach and you simply have to take it.

Or do you?

Last week I was dragging around something fierce. “Ugh!” would be the word for how I was physically feeling. And, I didn’t want to feel that way. But every once in a while we succumb to this or that and end up in bed trying to kick whatever it is we’re experiencing out of our system.

It all started when I took my friend out to dinner on a Tuesday night. All was going well and we’re having a good time. By the time I got home I began to undergo the change! (Pun intended) Before I knew it I was losing my cookies. In fact, I lost my cookies four times. Maybe it was something I ate or a stomach virus going around. I still don’t know which, but I was forced to hang out in bed all day Wednesday. We’ve all been there. No fun!

In any case, I knew I had to get ready for a trip on Thursday, so I better kick this fast.

My first thought was this, many times when we’re not at our best we don’t care about any negative energy going on around us. We don’t care how we appear or in putting up with anything. We just want to get better. Secondly, the best positive thing we can do to facilitate getting past it is to listen to our bodies and get that rest to heal faster. Let the world take care of itself for a few.

Now, for me, come Thursday I felt well enough to travel, but my energy was low. I continued to rest as much as possible and not push it with my work any further than I had to. I didn’t want to overdo it. By doing so, I could feel my energy level rising and any brain fog dissipating. It was like a coming home to yourself, so to speak. My analogy on this is plugging in my cell phone and waiting for it to slowly charge back up again. It takes time ( and patience).

This little bug had me through Sunday when I was to begin travelling back toward home. But I think my interest in staying rested, positive and placing myself back in that good place helped make everything much better sooner than it would if I had fought against my needs and wallowed in misery; and I didn’t take any medication neither!

Here’s the thing. Situations come and go, negative or positive. If we change our perspective to stay on the light side (positive) we stand a better chance of seeing past it. You know, looking for a light at the end of the tunnel and realizing that this too shall pass. It’s all temporary! Those thoughts go a long way in keeping us on the positive track; not only that, but moving down that positive track toward being the best we can possibly be.

I heard or read something recently about how staying on the right track can only take place it you move and don’t just sit there. You have to at least think about it and take some kind of action toward getting up and getting going. You got to kick in the bud…even when you’re not feeling like it.

So that’s my story for the week. I got over it. Yes!

And my message for the week is to get out there and work on kicking it in the bud!

If that means holing up in your room in bed for the day, as uncomfortable as that can be, then listen to what you body needs and do it. If you're feeling blah, find something to laugh about for a few. Get back to positive!

Hope this finds you well going into a new week of living life on a positive note.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment