Wednesday, August 16, 2017

The Wakeup Call!

The Wakeup Call!
© Allen Merritt (2017)

Okay!

So I have started the last couple of days on some interesting notes. Now, I should preface this by saying that I have spent the last couple of nights in a hotel. I was not in my normal home environment. Some hotels are not conducive to sleep, but this one happens to be a good one for falling asleep and feeling like you accomplished getting your daily rest.

Anyway, yesterday I was awakened when I heard my name being called out. Ever had that happen? Someone shouts out your name and it wakes you up. It’s happened to me several times. But here is the thing, no one was there calling my name! How about that?

I always find it interesting when this happens. I hear my name very clearly being called out and I wake from a deep sleep early in the morning (and sometimes in the evening) only to discover I am alone and not a soul is anywhere near me.

I find myself wondering what this means. Is it some spirit, angel or God telling me to wake up and pay attention? Should I be aware of something specific? Do I need extra time to get the day going and accomplish the right things? Is someone trying to speak to me? Or, am I to simply be present and aware for no special reason?

I decided to take a moment to witness the morning coming to life, meditate and find what it is I am thankful for to start the day on the right note. What better way to interpret such a wakeup call and move forward positively!

I thought of the important people in my life and sent them good thoughts and prayers. I lifted up my appreciation for the day and having some kind of grace for which to keep me grounded and grateful. Overall, I took advantage of the moment to be thoughtful, mindful, prayerful and contemplative toward the idea of how special life is and sit in its presence and embrace it for a bit before jumping in the middle of the day’s rigmarole.

It feels great knowing I didn’t let myself get overly distracted from recognizing the gift of a new day by jumping up and running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to make sure I am not forgetting anything. Life is more positive when you take the time (or make the time) to value the gift of a new day. It also makes the day more intimate and enriched.

Now, this morning (one day later mind you) I wake up early without someone yelling at me. But I lay there for a while and take advantage of my early rising to repeat the same routine I did yesterday. Then I got up and prepared myself for work; nothing unusual about that, right? Well, here’s the cherry on top that made me laugh. After a shower, I started to dress. I put on my undergarments, socks and a shirt and immediately reached for my tennis shoes. I was in the middle of putting on the shoes when I realized I didn’t have my pants on. Anyone ever find themselves doing that?

Well, I immediately started laughing and couldn’t help but say, “Thank you for the laugh!” out loud.

And, yes, I did put n my pants before I ended up walking through the resort pant-less!

I wanted to share a couple of oddball moments where I discovered positivity in motion. Funny little tidbits to help start the day on the right foot, so to speak. It is my wish that someone can take advantage of my personal experiences as an assist in making the most of starting their own day(s) in a good way.

With that in mind, I hope and trust that this week provides a moment or two where everyone finds their own positive moment(s) and discovers a sense of enlightenment which catapults them through the day and the week. As a result, may you experience more joy, peace and happiness which you can also share with everyone you come in to contact with.

Here’s to you and yours living the week on a positive note.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment